Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting out...

Of my funk! Undone hair, no make-up and sweats and t- shirts are OK...... every once in a while. I wake up, feed the kids, clean, shower, and play with the kids. I rarely did my make up or my hair :( I was stuck. Stuck in a funk. A frumpy funk. EWWWW! My style has changed SOOO much since becoming a mom. ( don't get me wrong, I enjoy the frumpy days as long as I have more put together days than the frumpy!)  All I own is t-shirts and jeans....Comfy, but not too cute!
SOOOO, I'm getting my self out of this rut I was stuck in. I feel soo much better and more happy when I take the time to get ready or put some thought into an outfit. I am re-vamping my closet with new clothes and putting the time into my hair and makeup. I'm almost 23 and I feel soo much older because I don't put any time into myself! I have anxiety with mild Postpartum Depression.... 
UGHHH just saying that makes me sad!!! I NEVER thought I would ever have this. In fact, I couldn't figure out how people could ever feel "depressed." It just never made sense to me. It's a feeling that just sucks. I'm sooooo thankful for my husband and my mother who have been there for me and encouraged me to go see my doctor. I really feel like a whole new person. A person I haven't felt like in a long time! I think not putting any time into myself was part of my problem. I wasn't happy with the way I looked or felt. I never bought anything for me, just clothes for the kids. It really really feels good to be happy about myself again. it sucks that it took me a while to let anyone know how I was feeling or excepting the fact that something just wasn't right. BUT I'm sooooooo glad I got the help I needed. Everyday is a better day than before. I wake up alive and get to spend one more day with my kids, husband, family and friends! Life really is good. So, here's to a NEW me. A refreshed happier me! :)

8 comments:

  1. Atleast you are trying girl some girls wait and wait till it kills them inside! Your a strong person for admiting it and fixing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was hard admitting it to myself and to my family, but it was the best thing I did for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right there with you Melissa except at times im not as strong. But your words are words of encouragement. And Im seriously always open to talking if you need someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristina!!! means a lot! same with you, if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here :) do you still have my number?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I believe I do =] and thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you Melissa and my youngest is 3. It is so hard to get out of that FUNK! I barely ever do anything with my hair and like you said I hardly ever dress up. All I ever wear ar tShirts and jeans. SO boring! Your blog has inspired me to go out and buy something nice for myself!

    ReplyDelete